Saturday, December 22, 2012

What people don't know about Professional Bloggers. And for-profit corporations.

Professional bloggers write things that strike at the emotions. They write mostly opinion pieces, which, last I heard, are not facts. Case in point, one article from Gizmodo:



http://gizmodo.com/5970423/apple-crushes-universal-charging-project-over-its-use-of-the-lightning-connector

As always, check out the comments, too. This illustrates my point. With such link-bait articles, people react, people share, people comment, people react and comment on comments, and there's always two opposing sides, there are the people in the middle who don't take sides, there's the underinformed people (a.k.a. "trolls").

If I were a company, and I manufacture a really good product, but I price it $20,000 when it just costs me $100 to produce it -- does that make me a dick? I am a company and I make my own decisions as to my products and how to sell them. If I don't want people reselling my product, for example, that's my decision.

This is exactly the case with this Gizmodo article. A professional blogger -- great article, probably generated millions of pageviews and therefore ad revenue -- bitching about a business doing what a business should do.

Also, if you don't have any plans at all of buying my products, anyway, how the hell does your opinion matter?

People don't understand professional bloggers. People don't understand business.

No comments:

Post a Comment