Thursday, May 17, 2012

So much Android


Good for the consumers that there are plenty of choices in terms of Android devices. Bad for most developers if they want to be on every Android device. For big-time developers like Animoca, they make sure their apps work on the roughly 400 different Android devices shown in the photo above. Among other reasons, I think this has lead to generally less developers and less quality apps for Android. Thus, the allure of other platforms.

Hey, I'm talking about both smartphones and tablets here, okay? Go ahead and claim that Android has larger market share in terms of smartphone platforms. I don't contest facts. But you know, I'll be quiet about smartphone model market share, smartphone profits, and tablets (platforms, models, or profits).

NOTE: I first read about this on Cult of Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment